MNScuba.com

Full Version: Coffee club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not much Happening out there, who besides Lisa is going to be at the park and ride on co 81/85 ave no. on sunday. How about  it Max not as much fun as re breathers, but have you ever seen rocks grow or how do you read a lic. plate underwater? what three things do you need to do for a underwater search? you never did answer that. what do we hear from you dave?
grumpie.........
  PS sometimes I can get to be real busy.
Hi Grumpie,
Sorry  I do recall that I was going to get back to you.   So here is my answer with a brief prefice:

Based on trick questions which have been part of the question of the day solutions, my 1st answers are silly but obvious. 
I would also like to say that really not enough information was contained in your question, but....... making some reasonable assumtions, I herein take the shot gun approach.

1.     3 things you need for an underwater search.
1.  VICTIM   2. WATER  3. REPORT OF MISSING PERSON

OTHER THINGS WOULD INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
description of lost person; last known point or position; search of area above the surface,ie  bathroom,  car, any other contacts,  other friends; call 911 local authorities;  develop plan; objective; surface support; site manager; WILLINGNESS mentally and physically prepared to do search; propert training, sollicite help from all bystanders, control the site, initial response team of at least 3 searchers to line up a grid pattern of last known area --  although an initial hasty search could be conducted; documentation of where search was conducted, proper gear, ropes, harness, keep and maintain all of the highest training standards we have learned with safety to rescuer being of highest priority;tenders, look out personnel with communciations, site manager, take charge director, staging area for command post, recorder,    last and certainly not least,   KEEP COOL  -   CALM   and COLLECTIVE   DO NOT STOP UNTIL AUTHORITES COME AND GIVE AUTHORITES COMPLETE HISTORY OF THE REPORT< SEARCH AREA,    Don't blame,   just give the facts to RESCUERS.    DON'T ENDANGER ANY OF THE LIFES OF ANYONE ELSE.   

I am sure I could keep going.  but.... I would like to know the answer now.   lol.......
I will also want to thank my instuctors at GUDC because somehow, this all just came out very fast.   I guess the continuing education I believe in must be working. 

MAXFACTOR 
how about proper training, support, and a plan
I used to live right over by there. Directly across the street from Blondie's, in fact. I still haven't gotten an app. from HCSO. I do have a line on a PT job diving starting in June though. I'll make it Sunday. Should I look for all the people with tanks on their backs?