MNScuba.com

Full Version: Pool Chlorine and dive gear!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pool sessions are an important training tool, but do we really know how much the chlorine is damaging our dive gear?

I oopsed a fin strap into the filter system of our local pool...A week and two days later...Pool staff finally located it.  In comparison to the fin strap that only was in the pool on two other occasions, the one that spent a week in the system is dark gray in color and has a gritty texture to it.  Has it been weakened to it's breaking point?  Don't know but I'm now adding "Spring Straps" to my shopping list!  I wouldn't want to have it break in the middle of a dive at 60 ft. in Wazee!  I enjoyed being there too much to bring an equipment malfunction upon myself when I could avoid it!
how the heck do you lose a fin strap in a pool.  its not like the visibility is bad, or is it.  IF THE VIS was that bad, I wouldn't be diving in the sess pool that you did. 

DIDN"T you realize the fin was a bit lose.  Why did it take so long?

what pool etc.
last but not least      DAH..    thats why they have rinse tanks.

max
Strange things happen to "Mommies" when little boys have "to GO Now" and we still need to get their fins and wetsuit off!  Damn, I love "Friday Night Fun Floats" 
Seriously, they don't even blink at the shortie wetsuits and heavy duty snorkeling gear!
Chlorine definately isn't good for dive gear but you'd have to spend quite awhile in the pool I'd think for it to become damaged.  If you see a wing that looks brown instead of black you know it's seen some serious pool time.  If you ever see DanL check out his brown Halcyon Pioneer wing sometime...LOL! ;D
Lonnie,
It's brown from stirring up silt, my dive specialty....
Kinda like this?  ;D

Whoa, that almost looks like me when I can't find the inflator button!!!
Looks kinda like my dive buddy!  Actually, another diver was comparing my Apollo split fins next to his "el cheapos", and his had a definate downward surge, compared to mine, leaving a nasty trail....I'd like to think of it as better technique on my part! ;D.  So's, I tells him, "In consideration of yer other dive buddies, I thinks it's time for some new fins." 

He's so tight he squeeks!

But then again, he's never as broke as I am when it come to buying gear!
Kinda like this?  ;D

[/quote]

HA! looks like me after eating my patented bean and broccoli dinner.... >Big Grin