MNScuba.com

Full Version: Prior Lake Clean up dive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Prior Lake Association in cooperation with the City of Prior Lake are sponsoring a clean up dive on Saturday June 10th. 
Divers must provide their own dive equipment but boats will be provided. Trophies and prizes will be awarded for various categories. Divers will receive free lunch and an event t-shirt.

DATE: Saturday June 10th, 2006
Registration Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Captain Jack's on Prior Lake - 3950 Green Heights Trail
Diving from 8:30am - 11:30am

Pre-registration is required.

For registration and additional information, call Donna at 612-964-6808.
Although I fully support and encourage keeping our lakes and other bodies of water clean, I would just like to promote 'selective cleaning.'

The organisms that live in our lakes are extremely adaptive and opportunistic creatures.  From the smallest single celled protozoans to the many different species of minnows and other larger fish some of that 'junk' has become 'home.'

Bottles, cans and even tires become spawning habitat for fathead minnows, bullheads, and other small fish.  I have seen small burbot (eelpout) live and hide in soda cans (pour out the can and a fish pops out, pretty neat).  Larger debris becomes very effective hiding and feeding areas for fish.  The green or brown slime that covers that stuff is a living city of algae, protozoans and other invertebrates that is the base of the food chain for everything larger than them.

I encourage people to remove anything that may be harmfull to people or the wildlife (fishing line, hooks, toxic items such as batteries or gas cans) or remove obviously 'new' junk, things that have not yet become a home. 

Please, help keep our lakes, rivers and streams the cleanest and the most attractive bodies of water in the nation but also think about the wildlife that calls those waters home.

Be safe and have fun!
The address above is incorrect for Captain Jacks.  Here is the correct location

Captain Jack’s on Prior Lake
3950 Green Heights Trail
Prior Lake, MN 55372
952-440-0583

Driving Directions:

North:
1: Head North on Hwy. 13 (Langford Ave.)
2: Continue straight onto Langford Blvd. for 3 miles.
3: Turn LEFT onto 170th St. SW.
4: Turn RIGHT onto Willow Lane SW. Willow Lane becomes Pershing St. SW.
5: Turn LEFT onto Ramsey Ave. SW. Ramsey Ave becomes Roosevelt St. SW.
6: Turn LEFT onto Dunkirk Ave. SW.
7: Turn RIGHT onto Green Heights Trail SW.

South:
1. Head South on Hwy. 13
2. Turn RIGHT onto Eagle Creek Ave. SE.
3. Turn LEFT onto Lakeside Ave. SE.
4. Turn RIGHT onto Pleasant St. SE.
5. Turn LEFT onto Park Ave. SE.
6. Turn RIGHT onto Green Heights Trail SE.

West:
1. Head West on County Rd. 42. CR 42 becomes Egan Dr.
2. Turn LEFT onto Hwy. 13
3. Turn RIGHT onto Eagle Creek Ave. SE.
4. Turn LEFT onto Lakeside Ave. SE.
5. Turn RIGHT onto Pleasant St. SE.
6. Turn LEFT onto Park Ave. SE.
7. Turn RIGHT onto Green Heights Trail SE.