MNScuba.com

Full Version: Square Lake - short notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planning to meet up with a buddy at Square Lake tonight after work (hoping to leave a little early to avoid traffic, but we'll see how the day goes - expect to leave at 4:00 or so)

anybody else heading that way? (or need to be talked into it?)

Jon
Which shop was it that was doing Wednesday fun dives at Square Lake last year? Anyone know if they'll do it again? I can't go today. I'd have to go home, pack gear, and hit the road for an hour and I'm not getting out of work until 5:00. I could probably get away with it in the future with some heads up though.
Might have been Scuba Dive and Travel.  just checked their website and it looks like they might be out there tonight as well.  not sure if ScubaCenter is doing anything, Smith is scheduled for Tuesdays alternating Square and Calhoun I think.  also not sure about GUDC & AirDownThere & FantaSea & Northland & ScubaDaddy's - did I miss anyone?

I'd like to try to get out more this summer for evening dives.  and I'll try to be better at giving warnings too!
So did you get out or did the weather change your plans!  Heavy rain in Brooklyn Center at 6:30pm--St. Louis Park was dry?!?!  That's what I call a narrow band of showers!
GUDC is out at Square on Wednesday evenings. 

See:
saw the GUDC gang, but really only spoke to a couple of them (they were getting in the water as we were setting up, then they were about to break up as we were getting out and packing up...

Mother Nature apparantly does not want me to dive with the sun out!  just as we got geared up, she clouded it over.  don't think it rained over us, but viz sucked so it could have and we wouldn't have noticed.  did manage a 45 minute dive though.  coolest temp I hit was 58.  all in all it sure beat not getting wet.

Jon