MNScuba.com

Full Version: Fins Fins Fins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First post ... Forgot I registered on this site  :Smile

So is there a big difference between Gara 2000/3000HF, WW Nemo #3? , and the much talked about C4s 30s?

I have been just using my Sporasubs for the last ~2years and would like to get a pair of more powerful fins for depth.  I love the Sporasubs for overall use I just noticed the need for a little more ummmf as I get deeper.  I will start working on statics and kick/glide for once.. which should help a lot.

Another alternative would be just to get my first mono .. WW#2? ,  but my only concern is I wouldn't get nearly as much use as another set of bi-fins.
Jeff,

For the depths you started hitting last weekend I would get a monofin for deep and keep your Sporasubs for spearfishing. Once you start you may find yourself using the monofin more and more- just ask Fred about his new one.Wink You could also ask Fonduset, on another forum, about his as he's switched over to his monofin for almost everything.

Another option is to keep your current foot pockets and get a new set of blades. Waterway #2's or #3's might be a good choice. Don't go stiffer than a #3 as they will be too stiff. You could also dig around on-line for a pair of C4 blades and then glue them into your foot pockets. I love mine for most of what I do and they should come with a pretty decent warranty- the are not as fragile as some people think.

When it comers to diving with the Gara's there is a big difference between the 2000HD's and the, new, 3000LD's. I never liked the HD's as they are too stiff up here- but soften up quite a bit down where the water is warm. Plastic fins will do that and their stiffness changes depending upon the water temps- carbon fiber and Fiber glass don't. Having said that, this past winter I got to try a new pair of the 3000 Ld's and they were one of the best plastic fins I've tried. Of course, you already own plastic fins so there's no reason to duplicate what you already have- unless you want to end up with gear collections like Fred and I have.  :Smile

Jon
Hi Jon,

I was think of doing just that.. use the Sporasubs for general use and get a mono for just freediving.  This would just be my next purchase and I could always get another set of bi-fins in the future Wink

I wish you would have mentioned you wanted to sell your mono last weekend.  I would have liked to give it a better try.  But I think I am fooling myself if I think I can kick #1 when you would prefer #2 stiffness.  The biggest issue I had was on the surface.

Well I better make a decision soon so my other hobbies don't gobble up my allowance Smile
Your free to borrow it any time you want. If your in the area and want to use it for a weekend i don't have a problem with that- as long as you don't wrap it around a rock. Wink

I can use it, but my Carbon fiber one is just more comfortable to me. You may want to try it and see just how soft you want to go. I have the stiffest fin, Fred has the middle one and Ted has the softest. Last weekend would have been a great time to do a comparison of all three.

If you meet up with Fred you could test his out and see how you like the medium.

Fred, how much of a difference did you notice between my fin and yours?

Jon
Jon,

I just order the #2 stiffness waterway fin tonight.  I figured I better buy it quick before the wife makes me buy a bunch of scuba stuff.  She is getting excited with her class.

Sad news from Wazee.  I think there was a fatality in Wazee this morning.  I heard that their tanks were not turned on all the way.
I made a post asking about this on the wiscuba.com site and nobody has confirmed this to be true.  Could you provide a source for this information?
I'm not sure I should name the person.  But I was at Wazee on Sunday and the source was a local dive shop owner coming back from the emergency call.
Thanks for the update.
I just got confirmation that there were no fatalities or injuries involved in the incident that took place which is the news we all wanted to hear.
This is good news.

Sorry about the mis-information.  I must have missed part of the conversation.
Pages: 1 2