MNScuba.com

Full Version: portsmouth this weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey scuba buddies,
Anyone going up to portsmouth this weekend 6/23-24/07  Was up there for the DUI Rally last weekend.  Spent some time swimming with a 15 pound northern.  Didn't even care I was there.  Vis was great 30 + feet.  Let us know.  Thanks
Ron & Mary
If you thought Portsmouth was good try the others. Portsmouth isn't usually the clearest. My DUI dives were poor but then it got tore up real good. My snorkel Friday night was 18 feet, tops. I suck at freediving so I only go 20 feet or so but I couldn't see the rock at 20 from the surface. I didn't get past the thermo to the good vis you speak of.
I finally got to dive at 3:00 pm on Sat. got down to 47 feet wow, I had a great dive.  Vis was great and kinda nice to get in the cooler water, 44 degrees.  When you are used to 4 foot vis. on a good day down here, 30 + was a treat.  Were you up there arc? At the DUI Rally last weekend.  I was working the return station till 2:45 when I finally decided to get in the water and do what I came to do..I told them it was a good thing I waited because I brought 4 tanks of air with me and if I would have went in right away in the morning, I would have been there all day.  Have a good one...
Ron S.