MNScuba.com

Full Version: Coffee Club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Afternoon, you guys did a very nice job last night.
This was your very first time on a  tether and a new experience for  you. I think that maybe you should take your compasses and try some dirt diving in the park so that you can make a fairly straight course for the next time and check your flash lights. your should have two of them.
grumpie........
I managed to get in a short treasure recovery dive Saturday! 
A resort guest had knocked a NICE fishing rod overboard a week and a half ago, so I went looking for it.  They had left a diagram of the area they thought it was in, so I had a fairly reasonable search area (probably 35x60 or so).  wanted to try to do it mostly as a fun dive, so I didn't get too serious - just figured I'd drop down, pick a depth and follow the terrain keeping my eyes scanning.  didn't see anything on the first leg eastward, so dropped a little deeper and headed west.  still nothing.  figured I had made it past my starting point and headed north to about the same depth change shallower.  spotted a straight line in the mucky distance - so I made for it.  found an aluminum canoe paddle that had been dropped in the last year or two.  close by I noticed something yello, and recovered some kid's goggles.  swung back over to my desired depth and headed east again.  hadn't gone too far when I spotted something tan in the murky distance.  knew right away that I had seen the cork handle of the rod.  swam over and grabbed it.  thought about continuing the dive for some more fun, but decided that I was encumbered enough and headed for the beach.  called the guy who lost the rod and we'll try to hook up Tue or Wed to get the rod back to him.  he's a happy camper!  I'll be a happy camper later this week, since I'm taking a long weekend to go salmon fishing!!!

any body else gotten any fun diving in?