MNScuba.com

Full Version: Ocean Men
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw Ocean Men: Extreme Dive in high definition tonight.  Unreal.  It is the story of world champion freedivers Pipin Ferreras and Umberto Pelizzari.  I was really impressed by how much conditioning and preparation was involved in these dives.  The underwater footage was incredible. 
Jason,

Where did you see it? I 've been trying to get a copy of that  for a couple of years now. They were suppossed to come out with it in the states when the German production company went banckrupt. I've only heard of people in Europe being able to see it in IMAX theaters.

Any way you can get/sell me a copy?

Jon
Jon,

I saw it at the MN science museum and they have a gift shop that usually sells the movies they have shown.  Check with them.  I think its main page is

Unlike the extended version of Le Grand Bleu (almost 4 hours), this film only lasts about 45min total. 

"its much better down there...."

ccuda
Jon, I watched in on one of the cable HD channels.  I don't recall the exact channel but I know this channel shows many of the IMAX movies.  I recorded the show on my PVR.  I don't know if it is possible to make a tape copy and even if I could it is in HD format and I don't own a vcr. Wink  I wish I could make a digital copy but I don't think that is possible with this particular pvr unit.

There was a scene where one of the freedivers goes through a swim-through in a reef and when he comes out the other side there are two dolphins that greet him.  I have to watch it again just to make sure it wasn't fake.  If that was real it was definitely some of the best underwater footage I've ever seen.
There was no listing of the movie in the museum web site.

Everyone that I have ever heard have acopy of it was some sort of bootleg that they got over in europe. Every freediver whom I've heard from whose seen it raves about what a great film it is.

Jon
it'd be super if we could have a copy if we're doing the outdoor movie at wazee this weekend... are we doing a movie at the campground again?  I've been searching for this movie for a long time too...  WAZEE!!!  yeah!!
Later, Fred
No movie this year Fred- I lost my contact with the DVD projector. Sad

We'll just have to resort to telling dive stories of beers. Wink

Jon
Aly and I saw it at the Science Museum 

[glow=red,2,300]WOW[/glow]

How bad do you want a copy  :Smile :Smile :Smile

Check out this website.

$33 will buy and $37 will ship it.  Hmmmmm. 

Me thinks I'll just hafta wait.
bad enough :'(   thanks, I think.  (edit) I just looked at the link... maybe it's dubbed in Japanese.. have to do more homework on that one.
Fred