MNScuba.com

Full Version: what are YOUR favorite fins?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, as the title asks, what are YOUR favorite fins and why?  Since I am in the market for freediving fins...It would be helpfull for me to gain some quality local knowledge on the subject.  If you were wondering on my current skill level, i have held my breath for 6 and a half minutes on land, and 3 and a half minutes under water.  But, my breath holding hasn't been the same since i started to SCUBA dive more and I wanted to start up freediving hard  again.  Any and all info helps!!!

thanks
JOSH
My current favorite is a Specialfins Carbonfiber monofin from Estonia.

C4's are my favorite bi-fins.

Jon
yup, carbon fibers are the best, but the most fragile.. mine had been outta commission for some time and I was using the cressi gara 2000 hf's and thinking they were pretty good, and nearly as good as my sporasub pures but I recently repaired the sporasubs, and did some deeper dives a few weekends ago and what the heck was  I thinking!!,,, there is no comparison between the two.  very happy to have the carbon fibers back into the lineup.  the cressi's are great for rivers, spearfishing, and taking abuse, they never break, but the carbons can't be beat for the deeper down the line stuff.
Fred