MNScuba.com

Full Version: Perch Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone been out to Perch Lake recently? How was the viz and where did you enter?
I made it out to Perch today. The visibility was as bad as I have ever seen it, maybe 6 feet. Better than Square though…

We entered near the parking lot. Burned up a couple of tanks of air, worked on technique, played with some new equipment, parked down the hill (kinda rare at Perch), and generally enjoyed the dive.

Anyone been to Perch lately to give a vis report?
I was just out there this morning for a dive.  The viz is getting better, it was up to about 10 feet now.  Water temp was 61 degrees.  Also, the stairs from the parking lot that lead down to the road are gone.  >Sad They removed all of the stairs and planted grass over it and then fenced it off.  You now have to walk all the way out to the parking lot entrance and down the road to get to the water which really blows.
Park closer to the lot entrance or use a cart!!  It's still easier than the stairs at the County Park at Square Lake!!
Yeah, actually I did park at the very end but it still sucks compared to the stairs though.  I prefer not to gear up in the water and I don't dive single tanks anymore locally so I need my portable table which I like to throw back in my car when I'm geared up so it doesn't get ripped off. Wink
Dan G and I did a couple dives out at Perch today.  Water temp was 46F.  Viz was around 12 - 15 feet above 40 feet depth.  There was a lot of suspended crap in the water at 40 feet or so but above that it was decent.  I'd expect it will improve more over the next couple weeks as the water temps fall into the low 40's.
Visibility on 17 May 2007 was about 20' between 20' and 30' deep.  Temperature about 50 F.  Below 30' it was colder (40?) and better vis.  Lake appeared to be down about 2'.  Group of six with Air Down There fun dive entered on south end.

Not much to see.  A few small fish in the weeds close to shore, concrete blocks, and the ever-popular soda cans.  Diet Coke the favorite among litter-fish.
Dan G and I did two dives at Perch today.  Viz was around 8 to 10 feet in the 30 to 40 foot depth range.  There were some patchy areas where the viz was lower at around 5 feet but all in all not too bad.
Has anyone been there recently? Looking for vis and temp reports...we may head out tomorrow. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2