MNScuba.com

Full Version: Freediving Ore-be-gone weekend of oct. 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'll be up at Ore-be-gone with my friend doing some recreational SCUBA and freediving.  It's no dive shop organized thing, just me and my friend driving up there to dive for a weekend. 

Since I'll be doing just as much freediving there as I will SCUBA diving, would any of you guys be interested in meeting up there for a day or two?  I'll hopefully find some of the sunken stuff first SCUBA diving, then freedive them.  I would like to go to....60-75 ft or so that weekend and if any one is interested in doing some freediving let me know.

Josh
I can't make it but maybe Fred can.

Just remember to ALWAYS do your FREEDIVING FIRST! You can, and many have, gotten bent doing their scuba dives first.

Jon
Ya I know, I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks Jon.

Fred...you up for a little freediving?  How's the huntin' goin?
I'm always ready to do some freediving it's just that my schedule this time of year makes it almost impossible to plan anything more than a day in advance.  I've never been to ore-be-gone and think it would be great to get there sometime and if I could I'd be happy to spot you.. but right now we're still in the middle of sugarbeet and corn harvest and with the weather (freezing nights) no idea when that will be over.  They've got the beet harvest shut down in our district until the beets heal from a previous hard freeze.

Sooooooooooooo... anyway, since I had the hunt on the list a long time ago... I did go out and get a small goat last weekend...and that's a whole 'nother story.
Alright well keep in touch then if you can make it.

I too shot a buck fawn 2 wednesdays ago with my bow at 18 yards.  Double lung and it dropped on the spot!

Hope to see ya' up there.
Well sorry about the weekend to whoever wanted to go.  It's cancled.  There are going to be poor weather conditions and my buddy pretty much bummed out on me.  Hopefully I'll still get a few more dives in before ice sets.  Then the real fun begins Smile

Josh
Josh,

Have you gotten your suit yet and have you figured out how to put it on? If you have, have you had a chance to use it yet? What did you think of it?

I was out two weekends ago in my 5mm and almost overheated in the 59 degree water- could have used my 3mm even though we were in the water for 3+ hours.

Jon
Ya I got my suit a week ago.  It works great, and very comfortable.  I "figured" out how to get in off and on, and I made a solution of 1 part ivory soap and 3 parts water for the spray.  I took it into 54 degree water and I could barelly even feel it!

All in all I am very happy with the suit.  And me and my dive buddy worked out the ore-be-gone situation and it sounds like we are going to leave to go dive the Madera tomorrow (friday).  We have an underwater video camera to capture an hour or so of the 2 dives that we plan on doing.  Along with a little freediving BEFORE the actual scuba dives.  No more freediving after SCUBA for me. 

If you have Dive Training Mag., like we do at the shop, it said in a previous issue about freediving during surface intervals, this was corrected though in the latest issue about the complaints from the first article and some of the accidents that occured from reading the article.

Well if you, or Fred can come up friday, give me a call ok.  I'll message you my number.

Thanks,
JOSH