MNScuba.com

Full Version: 10-28 29 Dive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
  Would like to get in a dive before the killing begins. This is the last weekend for me until Ice Diving :Smile. mmmm,  mmmm, I can almost smell the venison cooking. Too bad that cold front hit Florida, otherwise I'd be at the middle grounds spearin grouper.
Had to post this one too,  :'( It is priceless, taken seconds after he shot a forkhorn buck, his first  :'(  8)

decided I had better post my other son's deer or would hear about it later!
If you want to carve a pumpkin underwater, you have a couple options:

.  Also, .  I'm planning to go to the one at Square Lake, mainly so I can ask the GUDC staff any questions about the gear I just bought from them.  I might also get a chance to try out the underwater housing I'm buying for my digital camera, as long as it gets here on time.

I don't think you'll get a chance to do much fish spearing or deer hunting at either location, though.  If you drive through rural Washington County at night, you have a pretty good shot at hitting deer on the side of the road, but that's not really hunting.
   I was like about diving some virgin water, maybe some hot spots, out on mille lacs and have our own little treasure hunt, or there is a  lake by my new place that I would like to dive, or maybe under some bridges.....

to boldly dive where I haven't  dove before  :Smile or something like that

Oh and by the way deer hunting doesn't start until next weekend and we already have our spots to go to . we lease approximately 300 acres by Leech Lake. Time to start gently fondling your guns ;D

Shooter -

Are you a handgunner or is that a big knife on your right hip ? 
Elkman,
you might want to think about taking just the housing down the first time - that way, if it doesn't seal properly, you don't flood the camera too...

J.

ruger super redhawk .44 magnum I have taken 4 deer with it, one was at 85 yds!

I usually always carry a backup.  It works great on doing deer drives through heavy cover to.  In that picture  my youngest boy wasn't old enough to have a license of his own, so he wasn't technically allowed to have his own weapon.
Shooter -

I thought that's what I was looking at.  I've not shot  my scoped rifle for 15 yrs now and strictly use an unscoped S&W 629 w/  the 8-3/8" barrel.  Great for jump shots in the swamp and have taken many, many deer over the years.  I reload w/ 240 gr jacketed hollow points (hornady).  Gotta a love it!  Perhaps I'll catch up on a dive sometime.  Later.

check out the hydra-shock bullets from federal, some of my friends in law enforcement showed me these. the solid core holds the slug together for excellent penetration

have you considered underwater hunting? look forward to that dive......

Yeah, let me know which lake you're going to be doing this at, so I can pick a different lake to dive in.  I don't know how fast a bullet travels underwater, but I don't want to find out.

(What's all this hunting talk doing on a diving forum anyway?  Do they talk about diving on hunting forums?  Smile)
Pages: 1 2