MNScuba.com

Full Version: dive charters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
am looking at coming out and doing some wreck dives on Lake superior around Duluth, does anyone know of any charters i can contact. most likely it will be a group of us. also what are some of the depths on the wrecks? deeper then 30' i hope..thanks
Check out Superior Trips. Here is the link.
RLT Divers offers charters as well, here is their link.
How about "deeper than 30' and warmer that 30 deg I hope... Smile"
Are your trying to plan your time for the South Shore (Apostle Islands), or North Shore (Split Rock, Beaver Bay, Silver Bay), or Isle Royale?
have not dove the area before, so i don't know where the best diving is. we live in Alberta Canada and normally go to the west coast. we thought fresh water wrecks would be a nice change. any help and information i can get would be great thanks.
Well, on the North Shore between Two Harbors, MN and Silver Bay, MN you can dive the Madeira and the Hesper wrecks. Both of these dives are diveable from shore without a boat. They are both deeper than 30 ft. The main two sections of the Madeira wreck are around 40ft to 100ft deep. The Hesper is shallower at around 40ft to 50ft I believe. Water temps toward the end of August when I dove the Madeira were 42 deg F at the surface and 38 deg F at 100ft.
Mr. Goofie,

For the group as a whole and considering the dive experience and abilities of all those in the group:

What depths are you looking for? What depths are you comfortable with?

What conditions are you comfortable with? What are you willing to put up with for shore or boat dives? Wave conditions?

How long are you avail for? And when are you planning to visit (now, this winter, or next spring/summer?)

There are those who go for day crossings to Isle Royale, and also liveaboard operators for the island and the wrecks there. Technical divers also use the deeper wrecks there for their fun. Isle Royale is for experienced divers willing to endure potentially harsher conditions and more demanding diving.

The North Shore might be a good choice and you can do both boat diving and/or shore diving. Many divers go from shore at the bay and from the park near Split Rock Lighthouse.

You can also check for North Shore boat diving. We've used Bob Karl and his crew many times in the past for our Wreck diving adventures and classes. We've enjoyed great success throughout the summer here each year. If you need his phone number let us know.

FantaSea Scuba
952-890-3483
email: fantasea@fantaseadivers.com
most of us are into tec diving. only problem being some may fly there, making it a problem to get the tanks there. i may drive out so i can bring all the gear. most are comfortable diving the 150-200 ft. depth. weather conditions don't bother us to much as we are use to diving the west coast alot. is there access to most gases there? argon, O2, maybe helium? what time of yr is best for diving. we like to dive our local lakes during the summer and fall. what is the vis and the temp like in the spring? is there anyone who runs a charter and has accommadation also? If not can you suggest ideas on where to stay? From what i see, a week long trip should work. Do you have any other interesting dive spots one would want to visit there?
thanks
Dave
Check out The Dive Shop in Thunder Bay The area is a sleeper but is coming to life with all the new wrecks that have been found Marcel is great to work with and depths can take you well past recreational diving
Rick
Pages: 1 2