MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lift Bags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Evening.
Last sunday I had a chance to try a sub-salve 2000# car recovery system, its the one with a pocket on the bag that you stick a 80 cu/ft cyln in so that you can inflate the bag from the bottom. you really need two  of the bags to do the job right.
Can you think what happens when you open the valves and watch it go, hope it does not come up under your boat.
grumpie......
I can just see the Local Paper now or another one of those "bad day at work" web stories....... 

I am sure it could never happen, but suspend disbelief for just a minute...  OK, here goes.

It is a nice day, Grumpy is out lifting a car.  He opens the tank, up goes the car.  Smack into the bottom of the boat.  Non diver types are thrown from the boat flailing around in the cold water like fresh fish on Shooters grill.  The sudden impact from the car makes a large hole in the bottom of the boat and disconnects the lift bag from the car.  With all the commotion, Grumpy looks up from the bottom of the lake just in time to see a car about to land on him, he barley gets away.  Good for Grumpy.  He is contemplating how bad it could have been when from nowhere all of a sudden the sinking dive boat smashes him on the head and smashes him into the mud bottom.  Being the resourceful guy he is, Grumpy digs his way out of the mud and boat on his head and comes to the surface rips off his AGA and starts to say a few choice words when from behind one of the cold non-diver types that was thrown in the water jumps on his back in an effort to keep himself from drowning and poor Grumpy is no more....

You know, I don't normally worry about getting crushed into the bottom of the lake.   Thanks for adding to my list of B.S. that can kill me underwater....

Later,
Why does that scenario remind me of that commercial with the guy in the shark cage who accidently spears the boat  :o then sees it sinking to the bottom with him still stuck in the cage?