MNScuba.com

Full Version: Zeagle Quick Inflate Freediving "BC"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Zeagle just came out with a "bc" type belt for freediving.  It is basically an air bladder attatched to a tank w/ an inflator hose that you can use to infate it.  I dont know the price yet but I'll get on that soon.  It looks like it'd be pretty useful and not too cumbersom.  I'll look for a link to post up sometime soon.

And, guess what?  GUDC is a Zeagle dealer so that means I can order them!

Josh
It costs $599 and is still going through some design changes I heard.

I wasn't too impressed with it in it's current form and there is something MUCH better on the horizon coming out later on this year from a different company.

Still it's nice that someone try to come up with something for safety but too many quirks for me- should be a vest, not a belt, to bring you up head first for safety, and ascent speed, reasons.

If you want more info on it check out Chad's website here:

He's the one who talked Zeagle into designing it and has some video of it in use on his site.

Jon
  Chad is a very credible. I haven't yet had the pleasure of diving with him. I spoke with him on the phone and he steered me to spearboard.com along with providing me with a wealth of other knowledge. He also has a spearfishing course for anyone wanting to learn "safe" spearing techniques. I would even tag along if someone wanted to go! He gets the shooter 60" polished free-shaft salute 8)
Josh,

If you want to try out one of the Zeagle Freediving BC's you should try and make it to next year's Freedive-A-Palooza. Chad just offered to supply me with a DEMO unit for the weekend.

In year's past we have had other companies supply a wide variety of fins and wet suits- plus, whatever fins, monofins, wet suits, and spear guns that the rest of us have accumulated over the years.  ;D

Jon
Awsome, you can deffinately count me in on the free-dive aplooza, I was going to attend it last summer but was out of town Sad .  Is there a freeze-aplooza going on this year?
Yes,

Second weekend in February on Lake Nagawicka. 

Jon