MNScuba.com

Full Version: Crosby Dive Nov 2-3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone interested in diving Crosby - any pit will do - on Sat/Sun, Nov 2 and 3?
Will be trying out a dry suit (drysuit specialty completed).
Plan 2-3 dives Sat and one early Sunday.
Thanks,
Dan L
DanL,
It would be fun to get to Crosby one more time before the ice gets there but that's just to close to the Mex trip, otherwise - I'd be there.

Fred
You know, this actually sounds interesting...
Would be cool to see what the visibility is up there now...
I just might tag along on the Saturday one's
IF YOU DON'T MIND ... THAT IS !!!!

Thanks...Jean ;D
Dan, I will probably join you. One caveat is the the weather must be fairly decent. I don't care about the water temp but I am not interested in doing any outside activity if it is below 40. I'll keep an eye on the weather and confirm by next Wednesday. Paul
Fred,
Lucky you - have a great time in Mexico!

Paul, Jean,
I, too, hope the air T is above 40. Jean - glad you are coming up. Need a hood?
Paul - hope it's warm enough for you. I'll bring very hot coffee if that will help. Would value your advice on using DUI TLS350. Also, want to discuss the interesting accessory called a p-valve...
I'll confirm by next Wed, too. If it's miserably cold, I'll be thinking twice about going.
Actually, shock upon shockers, I have a hood...And have been using it quite a bit lately...
(But thanks for the offer...)
Just dove Okoboji with JJ today (Saturday 26th)
Water temp was 48 degrees...Air temp was 40 Degrees.
However, the wind was out of the north-west at least 10 MPH.

WATER WAS DEFINATELY MORE PLEASANT THAN THE AIR WAS!!!!!

JJ Says the water is done turning down there. And he is right...There was no thermocline to speak of.

SO I AM READY!!!!

Thanks...Jean ;D
Jean, Paul,
Meet at MSD at 9:30 am Sat? Then maybe to McD for a quick coffee and on to the pits.
Paul, it may be cold, but what the heck. I'll bring firewood - we'll keep warm. Also, in a dry suit, can't you use chemical pocket/hand warmers?
Jean, do you know where MSD is in Brainerd? Where do you live - maybe we can meet/drive together. I'm palnning on camping Sat night, doing an early dive Sun, and leaving for home by about noon or 1.
Anyone else feel like a chill?
Dan L
Yes, I know where Minnesota School of Diving is...
Been there once or twice...Great place....
I live in Brooklyn Park...If you want to drive together, thats OK -or- I can meet you all at MSD...

I will try and bring some firewood myself...(And fluid too)
Also, will try to bring some hot chocolate mix since I don't drink coffee...Macs is always good for breakfast...
SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN!!!!

Thanks...Icy Jean ;D
Dan and Jean, I am looking at Saturday's weather and it looks like it is going to be in the mid-20's. Unless you can make a strong case, I am not particularily interested in diving with the air temp that low. Dan as you know, I am not from MN and am not as hearty as the natives. I'll keep my eye on the forcast. Sorry Paul
Paul, Jean -
I agree, 20's is too low. Regs will freeze up before we get under water!!!
Let's look to the next weekend. Heard there was going to be a warming trend.
Jean - you said that air T in the 40's was brutal. I think 20's means cancellation. I'm bummed.
Dan
Pages: 1 2