MNScuba.com

Full Version: LINK TO DEEPEST LONGEST DIVES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Folks, 
Ran across this link that just blows ya away.

Lists  deepest dives; longest; deepest rebreather; highest altitude etc.

maxfactor

corndogg2

Cool link  8)  I've never seen a site that keeps track of this stuff.  I know guiness book doesn't print them to discourage attempts top break records.  I know there have been much deeper dives by military and commercial operations but the ones listed here all look to be conducted by private teams with limited means which is equally impressive.

I plan to have my name up on that page soon.  >Big Grin
WOW!!!  Those are some amazing dives!!! :o

Greg

I plan to have my name up on that page soon.   >Big Grin
Quote:

So you are still planning to dive the Harriet B. ;D

corndogg2

Absolutely, but as a freedive.  I'm working on my breathholding and finning now.  Wink When I freedive I don't have to decompress and I can make more repetative dives  Why didn't I think of this before?!!
I think this goes with your theory that if you use a smaller parachute each time you jump out of a plane you will eventualy not need one.  >Big Grin
I hope to log my deepest to date in the keys. We have a wreck sceduled in 185 that holds some big grouper and amberjacks!
Shooter,

I know we all know this but if you're going to 185 on air be extra carefull about the narcosis.  Many divers are now setting the limit of air at 150 for this reason.

I got narc'd , I think, when I was cold and tired at about 70 feet, couldn't remember stuff, but I've been warm at 150 and felt normal. So, I'm a little more conservative now.

Thanks for warning  8) .

In my adv. nitox / deco class I had some tasks to do at 150, line tangled, deploy lift bag, etc. Amazing how much more complicated simple tasks are ???  Tangling with big fish at this depth evev more challenging.
I have a precautionary system figured out in the advent of excessive narcosis. When this mermaid shows up and tuggs on my shaft (speargun), It is time to slowly ascend :o ;D

p.s. I like to video my dives to remember all details ;D
How in the ...  ??? Did they put a lift bag on it?

"On June 17, 2005 my brother-in-law, Ricky Hampton, and I dived on a freighter resting in 425 feet of water approximately 150 miles off the coast of Tampa Bay, Florida. While this is certainly a technical dive, it would probably not have registered a blip on the radar but for the fact that a 403-pound Warsaw grouper was harvested by spear, making it probably the largest fish ever successfully speared and raised at such a depth."
Pages: 1 2