MNScuba.com

Full Version: SCIENTIST FINDS NEW OCEAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scientist finds new ocean in inner Earth
A seismologist at Washington University in St. Louis has made the first 3-D model of seismic wave damping — diminishing — deep in the Earth's mantle and has revealed the existence of an underground water reservoir at least the volume of the Arctic Ocean. It is the first evidence for water existing in the Earth's deep mantle.

I always knew the bath water had to go somewhere !   Check out the link, and touch the picture of the earth, and it will expand out.  Very Interesting.

THIS part is a JOKE ONLY... do not take offense ok...  I'd hate to have someone cry foul again.  no more 86's for me.  I'm a kinda gentler human diver.  therefore, here is the funny....
I'm sure a dive shop  is now planning a trip there, nevermind no one knows how to get there, or when the trip will actually go out, you can't cancel, and the trip deposits are non refundable, AND we may just accuse you of stealing a trip from the shop...but ....but.... they are taking deposits.   lol
Maxfactor
How are they going to get a dive boat into Earth's mantle?  Actually, that's not the important question.  How would they get the dive boat out of there once it's done?

I'll wait until someone else tries it and succeeds before I put money down on a deposit.
We'll offer unlimite shore diving therefore we will not need to get a dive boat in there. LOL
I heard  that PADI has made plans to offer the INTRO TO MANTLE DIVING and ADVANCED MANTLE DIVING "C" card programs..they are also to include this as one of the 5 certs necessary to achieve your Master Scuba Diver cert.......I would assume that they will also come up with INNER EARTH BOAT DIVER, and INNER EARTH NAVIGATION.....me thinks that the latter should be a pre requisite to ADVANCED MANTLE DIVER though.........................i wonder if my radar would work under ground ;D