MNScuba.com

Full Version: Isle Mujeres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be heading to Isle Mujeres in the middle of March and was looking for some referals on dive shops. Thanks
This is a post I made from last year. Where are you staying?

We just got back Sat 2/4/2006 from Isla Mujares. Nice weather, daytime 77- 80 deg.
Avalon Reef Club, where we stayed, was still being worked on but appeared to be about 70% done.
Diving- The diving was good. It was a little windy so the vis was down to 50' on the best dive and 30' at worst.
C-55, a wreck dive of a scuttled navy boat. Lots of Barracuda around the outside, others fish inside. But best of all were the 3 Spotted Eagle Rays that swam over, just beautiful. They had a wing span about 6 feet and must have been flying a pattern because the came over three different times.
Night dive was great. Lobsters galore, a small octopus, a cuttlefish, and one fish we weren't sure about. It was in a small cavern and looked like a large Puffer Fish but was 5 feet long.
On another dive we saw a Southern Manta Ray and a Yellow Spotted Ray, like the one on the Go Dive open water diving manual.
The dive shop we went with was Aqua Adventures and I will recommend them. They treated us well and out of 8 dives only 1 was disappointing.
Don't buy their 10 dive card unless you know for sure you'll use them all or will be going back there again sometime. There are no refunds on remaining dives, and only you can use the card. Although the card supposedly never expires so you can go back another time and use the dives