MNScuba.com

Full Version: Thanks Fred, I think I want some new fins now :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well Fred, after you left, mike and I kept freediving all day and we started going a little deeper because you and Roland really helped with our comfort level, I think my fins might be holding me back.  I'm kind of thinking a little longer, narrower, and lighter fins, within a good price range, like the cressi 3000's.  If you, or anyone else has recomendations, let me know. 

My current fins are Sporasub's Instinct Polytech.
well thank you for letting us use your drop line.. nice to have it all setup before we even get in the water.  Smile

and how many more feet was the "little deeper"?
Fred
Well. a new personal best.  Around 85-90 ft because I could clearly see the bottom but didn't count the duct tape markings.  I'll be getting a D3 soon, that'll fix that problem.
I have a pair of cressi 2000's i'm looking to get rid of.

Let me know if your interested.
Tim
Well I was looking at waterway's bi fins, the Captain Nemo's...

They look pretty darn good from what I have been reading, and waterway/performance freediving is a pretty trusted company.  So I'm considering these fins as an option.

Here is a link

Josh.. you know what I'd do?... but it would take some time.. I'd wait for the freedive apalooza get together down at Wazee.. there will be tons of fins to try just between Jon and I..(I should have let you try some of mine at Crosby, I had a few extra pairs along) and there will be so many people there that I'm sure you could try some of their fins.. almost every base is covered.  That $50 shipping for the nemo's seems awful steep to me, but hey.. that's almost 2 tanks of unleaded for the fine FIT 8)  But I guess if you want to start a collection of fins...(been there, done that)....   Bad thing about waiting for the apalooza is it's not until near mid july Sad
Fred
Hmmmmmmm, I'll see how much dough rolls in and play it by ear.  I'd just like to start getting more into higher quality fins and see how much better I could perform with them.  So....I'll keep lookin' around and see what I can't get myself into. 
If you can wait I would- just like Fred said. There are freedivers coming from all over the place and they will all have different gear to try- fins, cameras, scooters, monofins, spearguns, ect.

The NEMO's are great fins, but make sure you don't get them too stiff. A #2 is the hardest I've ever heard of someone buying them who liked them. Divers who go stiffer end up dumping them on Ebay- unless your 6'3" and 240 pounds. Wink

If you want to go deep you'll end up skipping the bi-fins and going right to monofins- and we'll have a few of those there as well.

Jon
Well, I've used monofins before.  I like them, but I don't think I would be able to use one efficiently unless I learn hands free or buy some fluid filled goggles and a nose clip.  I like to be able to do a little spearfishing here and there, but 95% of my diving is done to extend my bottom time or depth.  Plus, it's a little hard to handle a camera in one hand and pop your ears with another with a monofin Smile
haha you can say that again josh...
Pages: 1 2