MNScuba.com

Full Version: Snorkeling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My husband and I are looking to either join a group, or forum one that snorkels frequently at various locations around the state or close by states.
Eventually, we would both like to take diving classes, but for now we just have our masks, snorkels, fins, and diving flag

Want to go Snorkeling? Let us know Smile

Thanks,
Theresa and Dan

kdanradio@frontiernet.net
My dive log has a couple of snorkel outings interspersed among the submerged dives!  I took "Try Scuba" in February '05, boat snorkeled in Christmas Lake in June and July of that year...Took pool and classroom dive classes in July and Open Water Certification in August.  Yes, I'm hooked, it is an addiction!  No 12-step program for me, I just need some water!
I can't find it now but one of the shops has a drift snorkel/family fun dive on a local river. I forget the details and I looked at all the calendars and didn't see it.

For as snorkeling, I'd check out Lake Mine. Depending on what you want to see. They have a car, that I want to identify, in 10 feet and all kinds of artifacts in the near shore area. I would think I could spend 4 hours easy. If you do any breath hold diving you could see some of the building by the marker. They are in the 35 foot range but then the vis is 20+ so you wouldn't need to go too deep to see the shallow stuff.

Crosby has tons of fish. I spent 20 minutes just hanging out in 12 feet watching bass hunt small fish coming over a rise. They too have artifacts but the fish are cool.
You should get yourselves up here to the detroit lakes area.. the ottertail river is good snorkel this time of year, some of the area lakes are great with fish as the water warms up.. There's several of us up here that snorkel as often as we can.. my wife loves to snorkel too, but she prefers the carribean for some reason  :Smile.
I post here when I'm on my way somewhere.. it's just that it's always such a last minute thing.. that would make it tough if you're traveling from some distance.
Fred
I went for a snorkel in Portsmouth last weekend and found a bunch of artifacts in 2 - 8 feet if you swim South from the beach. Before the bend there is a large rock on shore and barrels in 8 or so feet. Follow the stuff in.

I'll withhold the details so everyone can "discover" it themselves.