MNScuba.com

Full Version: Alstead & Pennington, Crosby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alstead: Dove Stairway to Hell site. Vis was an easy 25, probably low 30's. Didn't get to the stairs we turned at a 6 foot chunk of 'stair' just laying in the silt below the beaver cuttings. Very nice site. Roads are good to fair depending on the trail you take.

Pennington<west end parking lot>: First rate entry, Dock to kit up on and everything. Vis was disappointing, maybe 15. Small artifacts, some trees, some nice wall on the north side in the 55/65 foot range. I wanted to follow it down a bit but that's another dive. A friendly loon swam withing 2 feet of me and almost ran into my buddy. Another teem reported that it bit a fin and circled them a few times. Very cool.
I was diving Pennington far West end past the shaft by the Beaver lodge a couple weeks ago with Alyson and two other divers. We had loons fishing in the area.  They would occasionaly swim right into our buddy formation.  At one poin we were floating on the surface talking and one of the loons popped up right in our circle.  They are just SOOO cool. 
"past the shaft by the Beaver lodge "  :'(

Mongo, no see no shaft or Beaver lodge.

Oh, man. So it that a south swim off the beach? We went north.