MNScuba.com

Full Version: Vinyl Tape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know where you can get white vinyl duct tape (I guess it's not technically duct tape, since duct tape is cloth) for marking cylinders, I've used it once before and it peels off much better, but I can never find it at the stores.
The last time I needed it I got it at Target.  Sometimes they have single roles.  I had to buy it in 4 pack with red, green, and yellow.  It's a plastic tape though not duct tape.
3M makes a vinyl marking tape though I'm not sure where to buy it. You may want to shop online - or at a marine store if you are looking for something that is waterproof/long lasting. 
That is the 3M tape that I bought at Target.
Thanks, I'll check it out!
7 corners hardware in St. Paul (just south of the Xcel Energy Center on w 7th).

They have dozens of colors and widths.
Don't get the white tape at the marine store unless you know exactly what type it is. The normal rigging tape only sticks to itself for binding hardware like cotter pins so you can't snag them.

electrical department at any home improvement store.. all kinds of colors and usually sold in individual rolls too.
Fred
Here is the site where I get my vinyl tape which I use for stage marking, and the 1 inch stuff I tape to my drysuit cuff with my deco schedule.

Just got a shipment from these guys, great selection, thanks for the reference.