MNScuba.com

Full Version: Buoyancy Classes (AKA chance to get wet)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have signed up for Smith Diving's buoyancy class on Jan 16th, 2003. Cost is $75 dollars. And I always need work on my buoyancy and skills anyway, even after my Keys trip. There were times, especially "hanging around" the coral that my fins were brushing up against it. Bad Diver!!!!

Scuba Center also has one on Jan 28th at their Eagan store.

Here is a quote from the Smith Diving web page:

EIB Challenge: If you have mastered your buoyancy skills and can successfully complete SMITH DIVING’s 10-skill obstacle course, a full refund will be returned to you!

I wonder how many times they have given refunds.

Thanks...Jean ;D

chrisw

i'll be there, Jean.

as you know from personal experience i need to work on this.

at least there will be no sturgeons in danger this time!

-chrisw
I was talking to Josh as Smith Diving today and was told that people getting through the obstacle course is as rare as hen's teeth. You are asked to go through ten Hula hoops. Most people don't realize how high their tanks are on their backs.

So to pass you must keep yourself streamlined, arms at your side and just barely miss the hoop on your front side so the tank doesn't hit on your back side.
So it really is a challenge then...I thought so!!!!!
They would not want to give up their $75 so easily...
Even still, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Thanks for the info!!!!

Jean 8)
I took the class last spring and thought it helped me alot. The course they set up at the end of the course is very difficult. The instructor didn't make it through with out hitting the hoops.

Good luck. Hope you enjoy it.
Hey, mucho thanks...(Hope we can get the minimum number for the class)

Thanks...Jean ;D
Had a blast in the pool last night for Smith's Buoyancy class. Chris really got her hover down pat. As far as the course goes, its really tough. (It sure humbled this gal's opinion of her buoyancy control). All in all, a fun time had by all !!!

Thanks...Humble Jean :-[