MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lost Buddy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Friend and fellow spear fisherman Johnylongblades, died yesterday doing what he loved most.  He was diving the USS curb, the one that I dove with him during the spear fishing tournament. It is 185 feet to the sand.  He was a very accomplished deep diver and was very familiar with the wreck.  Exact details of what happened will be posted when I have the information.

Johnny is the one in the middle with the peace sign.

Sad You will be greatly missed, and I'll continue to remember you for the rest of my life. I will mourn for our loss of you, but I will continue to celebrate life in your memory, as I'm sure you would want it that way  8).
Enjoy your journey.

details of the accident

Sorry to here about that man, I experienced a similar diving situation last august that ended the same way.  Blessings to the family.

Its a very tough thing to do and hard to come over, but keep a posotive outlook on life especially, and event like this really changes things for you, it did for me.

Best wishes.

Josh
Couple more pics

Thanks

Some good diving video in memory of Johnylongblades

"It was fun, That's all that matters....."  JLB
Shooter, So Very Sorry to hear about any diver losing his her life.  But it is especially sad, when its a friend of a friend.  I read all of the posts on the Spear board.  It sounds like the rescue divers did everything by the book and did everything from risking they're own life in an attempt to save a buddy.    I am sure the family appreciates all of the efforts that the rescue divers did.  I would recommend that if you can talk to the resucer's....tell them to get some grief counseling. 

The message I got from the rescue diver is that he is going to rethink his "need to go to the extreme"   

I think I saw these pictures once before you may have posted them after one of your trips. 

Thanks Shooter for being an avid diver and a great friend. 

LETS ALL THINK ABOUT SAFETY  FIRST...   

PEACE JOHNNY..  Hopefully someday you can tell me one of your diving stories.  Until we meet.

Maxfactor.

Thanks Joe
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'

Never sure quite what ta say at times like this...

I agree with Joe that it appears that the divers he was with did everything that they could!  I also very much appreciate and agree with what you said...he died doing what he loved.  None of us really want ta go, but....We're all gonna go at some point and quality of life and how ya spend the time yer given is HUGE!!!  Sounds like he's the kinda diver I woulda loved ta gone out with.  I never knew him.  Yet, it still feels like I've lost something....and maybe gained something too....

Art

I know you would love to have been diving with Johny!  I tried talking him into coming to Minnesota and doing some ice fishing and  ice diving.  He thought the idea was rather absurd ;D.  He had a better idea though, he said when he gets cold and nasty in Minnesota, catch a flight down here and will go out on my boat  And dive all day, where it's warm and comfortable, and we can spearfish 8)

An update on what happened to my buddy Johny.  Looks like it was an 02 hit.