MNScuba.com

Full Version: not a bad day of snorkeling..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
check this out... pretty good deal after about $5.00 worth of new treble hooks and split rings... and a little time cleaning 'em up.
Fred
Wow! Good job.

Any chance you can give us newbie free divers the secret. Every time I find stuff it's all rusted up and looks like it's been there 20 years!
They weren't all good.. I threw quite a few away too.
Most of the good lures you see here I just scrubbed up a bit in the sink and put on new trebles and split rings.  I was surprised at how some of the very dull looking ones cleaned up.  Most of these the hooks were partially rusted away or completely gone.  Maybe 1/2 dozen or so were recent losses but I still replaced the old trebles.
I've found lures before but never as thick as these were...(and there's still more where these came from)
I think this might become my new hobbie.. it sure was fun.  I'll have to go buy a tackle box.
My wife says she's going to pick up fishing Smile.
Fred
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

must be lots o' fish over there Smile
Wednesday, August 1st (Before the Bridge collapsed) I was walking in the parking lot of a Public Water Access.  I noticed what I thought was a plastic bag flapping in the breeze...Upon closer inspection I found a pigeon caught on a strand or two of invisible monofilament fishing line.  I walked closer and calmed the bird by cooing to it.  Just six inches from the bird was a "Lazy Ike" style fishing lure with a heavy leader attatched.  I carefully grasped the bird and released it from its tangled lines and set it free.  Then I secured the lure and leader...and pulled on the line that was caught in a nearby tree....Good thing the parking lot was empty, I had to walk backwards several times pulling on the line to get it out of the tree.....Maybe I should go back and see if there is a rod and reel up there too! ;D
released it.... geez... they taste better than chicken.. can't cook 'em too long though or they get dry.. wrapping with bacon helps.  Wink  ((ahhhh, I probably woulda let it go too)
Fred
Roland will try anything, who knows what he woulda done 8)
I just got back from a week of camping with the family in Vilas county.

While diving along the edge of the lake we were camped on I found some nice COLD beer!  Some nice person must have dropped it and it slid down the sand slope right below the thermocline to keep it cold for me. Smile

Jon
I don't suppose you want to share the location of your lake for me..  maybe there is more treasure down there...
At least hope thats beer
Pages: 1 2