MNScuba.com

Full Version: where are all the fish????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spent 2 days diving a 1/2 dozen lakes from north of jamestown, nd to the dent, mn area and hardly saw a single fish... 3 bullheads, 1 unidentified (2 feet viz), 1 walleye, and one skinny black bass.  Nothin' else... everywhere from shallow to 40' of water looking for 'em.  The wind on saturday sure messed things up but we did find one lake with viz of about 15' on sunday.

In north dakota you can spearfish gamefish so I was really dissapointed in Spiritwood lake that I didn't even see one fish or even a dust cloud where a fish had been.  vis was about 4' maybe in the shallows and maybe twice that after going through a dark layer between 25 and 30' or so.  this was the most driving and work I've done with such dismal results.
Sorry you didn't find the fish in ND. 
Mud lake (Ottertail river source into Little Pine lake) was at 53 degrees last week.  6 feet to the mud,  but  lots of fish.
Most of the lakes were 44 degrees,  so I didn't find anything untill I went up into man-made harbors (54 degrees). 

Let me know when you want to teach a dakota kid how to  shoot fish.  I might go over to the dark (muddy ND) side :o
I think there might be some here......

I will let you know on wed.....
yeah shooter... I'm jealous.. you folks have a great time!!
Maybe photo's and a fillet or two for proof?

Have a great time!