MNScuba.com

Full Version: Cosby this weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A buddy and I are heading up to Crosby this weekend. We're gonna keep it on the shallow side. Does anyone have some recommendations for some interesting shallow water dives?

Thanks
Don't know what shallow is to you, but, I'll use above the thermocline here. (25' +/-) Most fish will be above this, as well.

Mangen has a couple of beaver huts or wood piles where lots of fish hang out. From the north entrance, going in either direction you should find one or the other. Both are about equal distance from the entrance and may seem like half way around the lake.

Portsmouth has some remnants from mining and big northerns. Try a beach access at the campground.
The Mangan "Clover Leaf" access has some nice shallow diving if you go to the right from the access point.  The beaver hut is a ways over heading that way.  Alstead is another one that has some nice shallow diving as well.  I've seen some nice size pike there...especially on night dives.
If you want to snorkel at all swim off to the right from the Portsmouth beach. Something like 100 yards down off shore is a cement platform with electrical, lights, barrels and stuff. The best stuff is in 5 or so feet.

I think the snowmobile is down there someplace as well.

A swim to the left is kind of dull. I've followed it around the point, the bay and the next point plus some. The only thing that looks promissing is a telephone pole. Vis was 15 to 18 and my free dives didn't bring anything of value.
Thats what I was looking for.

Thanks all.