MNScuba.com

Full Version: changes in ND spearfishing regs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I can't hold it in any longer!!!  I've been going around and around with the north dakota game and fish department concerning the current underwater spearfishing requirment to being scuba certified and scuba diving while underwater spearfishing in North Dakota.

I received an email last week from Paul Schadewald, Chief Administrative Services of the ND Game and Fish Department that this would no longer be required and the new proclamation which will be printed this March will reflect my proposals.  They will also be clearing up the dive flag discrepencies.. currently requiring the international dive flag (alpha flag) rather than the diver's down flag.

oh happy day... I feel like I've made my mark in history now..
Fred
Congratulations  ;D

And ta think somebody fought "City Hall" and won  Big Grin
Score one for the "little guy" so to speak!  Best Wishes!!
You are the man!

Here's to more diving next year.
OK...
So now on a kinda related note......... :Smile
Just what kinda fishies are ya allowed ta shoot over there in ND?
you can spear all fish except small and large mouth bass, muskies, sturgeon and paddlefish.

There are only a few lakes you can spearfish in Nd.. The Missouri River except that portion from the Garrison Dam downstream to the southern boundary of the Corps of Engineers Downstream Recreation Area. Lake Oahe, Lake Sakakawea and the open fishing areas of Lake Audubon. Devils Lake. Spiritwood Lake.
and I see there going to add Stump lake to the mix for next year, which is going to become a part of devils lake eventually anyway.
Fred
;D Good job Fred!  ;D  Or we might have to start calling you "right said fred"  ;D