MNScuba.com

Full Version: ICE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It looks like all the small 'lakes' in SE metro have 70% ice. They have had consistent ice for the last 4 days or so.

How are the bigger ponds holding up?

Yeah I noticed that as well.  Wazee usually stays ice free the longest.  I think over the past few years it's had open water up until the end of December.  Northern MN typically freezes over quicker because of the cooler temps.  I'd guess that the pits in Crosby and up on the Iron Range will be frozen over soon if they aren't already.
when I went north Friday, Portsmouth was still open.  most of the smaller lakes were covered but bigger ones were still wet. 
MN DNR is a little behind in updating the site. They switched the current conditions over to "trail" but don't list Ice-In. It's still Ice-out.

The ice up north here is getting pretty thick.

I guess so has the bs on this website
Stopped by orebgone tonight..still completely open...the pits around Mt. Iron/Virginia were all completely open as well..i would assume Lake Mine is as well...

The Madiera site is of course ice free and the floats are still on it..we will probably dive and pull floats by wed. of next week..

Get out and dive
I walked out on a local pond, a meter or so, and the trapped gas indicated ~2 inches.

Makes we wish I built my ice boat, DN60. Maybe I should throw something together.  Anyone got an ice boat? Save me the trouble.
Ta heck with da ice boat.... When we goin under da hard stuff.  I wanna go ice divin!
Given the thin ice you can ice boat and maybe dive with your boat.
;D  I hadn;t thought about that....A NEW knid of DPV possibility  8)
Pages: 1 2