MNScuba.com

Full Version: If Evel Knievel was a diver...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering...
...If Evel Knievel was a diver would you let him be your dive buddy?              ???
Sure.  "Trust me"
He may have been a dare devil, but I would bet he spent a lot of time figuring all the angles and distances be for he made a jump.
I think that he would be very good at dive planning, are you?
grumpie......
Yep, I agree, He probably would plan the dives right to the cutting edge. I, on the other hand, like a thrill but I would not push the limit. They say that structural engineers over engineer their buildings if they really don't know what they are doing but a really good structural engineer will limit the amount of overkill and just design it strong enough to out last the expectations. When planning a dive I tend to spend at least as much time planning the dive as diving the dive. I am so green at this I'm not quite sure if this is because I am just that slow at planning or if it is that I enjoy the mental dive I make while planning. I suppose this is not normal or recommended to visualize the actual dive prior to diving as it could give a person a perfect world scenario. I do admit that Evel was a hell of a role model for me as I was growing up. I was kind of a wild child. Now looking back I don't know what I was thinking! Even so I would not have done it any differently. RIP Mr. Knievel...
You know... now that I think about it I cant remember how far his longest jump was, how many jumps he made or how many broken bones he received while trying them but the only certain thing in life is that in the end even he could not  jump over that 6 foot hole in the ground...
For more details on his jumps, fractures and the like see the news from MSN ...O.K. the link is no longer in effect.
Wow, he had 40 broken bones before he decided to retire. I haven't broke a bone yet and I think about retirement about twice a day. I figured it out and I have 5112 days until I can retire... 
But if you invest well, or win the lottery...I have to go get my Powerball ticket now!~
Retirement for me would be a small island in warm water. A small house on stilts over the water in a sheltered lagoon. An old Chris-craft tied to the dock with 6 tanks lined up across the transom... No lottery winnings, No cashed in stock holdings, just sell everything and live out the balance of my days.
a knievel thread that's turning to a retirement thread.. great!!!

Sorry dectectorguy... I'm not selling. Sounds like were looking for the same place, but even a tent would suffice for me.  I may not have the tanks in the chriscraft, but the kids might when they come to visit.  I will probably have several spearguns to go around though, for the evening meals.. and I think I'll start drinking whisky, rum, or tequilla... something that would be appropriate of 'course.
(and it would be nice to have a jet parked nearby to buzz off and see the kids once in awhile)
Pages: 1 2