MNScuba.com

Full Version: Deep Local Pools For Diving?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know all the local shops share or even have their own pools for training but who has the deepest pool for training?

I think Scuba Center in Eagan has the deepest.
I'll bite....How Deep Is It?
I think it's 14 feet.
I saw a link to a missile silo in Texas that has been flooded and is used for diving. It's 130' deep and about 30' in diameter.  Does anybody know of any old missile silos near the TC metro that haven't been demolished? I know of a site just west of Lake Minnetonka but I read it's a Nike Missile site which are surface to air missiles and I don't believe there is a deep silo like an ICBM site. If there is one it would be awesome to make it a dive site.  They did it in Texas!

Here's the link:
In MN the deepest that I know of is the Rochester Recreation Center that MDC Sports use for pool training at 16ft. deep. It was originally designed for platform diving.

JP
Hmmmm, I checked with Scuba Center about a year ago and they said they lease it to another company that uses it for swiming leasons so they only dive there during their own class time. 

I know that Going Under has a nice in store setup and I was looking to get in some practice time with the upgraded underwater video setup.  But my schedule lately has been insane to say the least and diving has been put on the back burner all fall and I've got bug to dive.