MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lake Wazee - Black River Falls, WI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Ice is nearly off the lake, and will be ready to dive soon, 

For more information give us a call at Wazee Sports Center 715-284-5181 or email us at scuba@wazeesports.com
What's your best guess as to when it will be divable?
The Edges are all open 15-20 feet , and the ice has turned Black, It will be soon, but this cold snap will slow things down a bit, Hopefully within the next week. 
4-11-08
This mornings report, The Lake is about 1/4 open after the rains yesterday.

The whole south end is open.
The wall area is open the size of a football field.
The rest of the ice has blowen in near the boat landing, and has large holes in it.  So it won't be long. 
Thought I would give a Wazee report seeing as the thread is rather dated.  Dove Wazee 9/15/08 did the first dive at the site with the sunken cabin cruiser and did the second dive on site #2 along the wall near the big drop off to 355 feet.  Viz was about 20 feet surface water temps in the upper sixties with temps below the thermocline of around 50.  Nice day for divinig after the clouds cleared away.  Was sorry to see that Molly's Bar and Grill downtown Black River Falls had closed.  Was looking forward to lunch and a cold beer after diving!

Thunder
Annual Clean-up/Treasure Dive

Wazee Sports Center LLC is sponsoring its 12th year event.

September 27 2008

This is a sponsored Project Aware Project to help keep Wazee Lake Clean.

Divers will need to stop in at Wazee Sports Center any time after 8 am on that day. Pay a $10.00 entry fee that will be a 100% donation to the Jackson County Dive Unit for them to purchase much need equipment. You will get your dive pass, collection bag and your Project Aware Volunteer Data Card. All participants will receive a Certificate of Recognition. We will put some items in the lake to find and you will be put in for the drawing. There will not be any other fees for the event (no dive fee to the park). The County Forestry and Parks will supply the picnic style lunch at the beach pavilion from 12:00 to 1:30. (again no charge) Make another dive and we meet at the shop to draw for the prizes at 4:00.

Black River Canoe Rental will donate the use of 6 canoes and life jackets for anyone wanting to paddle the shore lines. These will be at the Sherwood Forest dive access. An event for everyone!

--overnight camping fees not included...

SALE! SALE! SALE!

We will be selling out our 2008 inventory at prices that you might think that we are going out of business. (No we are not going out of business). Sale goes on all day.

Thank You,
Keith Cormican
Wazee Sports Center LLC
942 Red Iron Rd.
Black River Falls WI 54615
715-284-5181
scuba@wazeesports.com

Hi,
  I just talked to Keith the owner of Wayzee sports about the donation fee for this Sat cleanup dive.

Donations are for the Jackson county dive team and will really be appreciated.I'm glad to know that they will be there to help in any water related accidents.

You can write out a check to the Jackson county dive team for tax purposes also!

Keith also added another regulator to the prizes.

Thanks for supporting the dive team.

Jerry Lang Emt-P  >Big Grin Wink

Conditions update:

My wife and I dove Wazee on Saturday at noon. Water temp was 60 degrees from the surface down to 35 feet. No noticeable thermocline to that depth. We didn't go deeper. Viz was good at around 20-30 feet. Not many people around and it was a lovely day for diving. Lots of big bass around the rocky area to the left from the boat landing site.

I found a good condition Zebco rod and reel at 35 feet.Cut the line and brought it up. Left it at the boat landing. I don't fish so I hope someone can use it.