MNScuba.com

Full Version: foggy mask!!! Why? Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Also... if you're using toothpaste on your lens, you seriously have to "scrub" the crap out of it.  I ended up having to do it for about 7 minutes total before it would quit fogging up.  I did around 2 the first time, and it was fogging up constantly during my CWDs.  Needless to say, I'm really good at mask clearing.

Hope you get the problem solved...
Warning, some of the colored lens are plastic. Toothpaste will scratch them.

The SeaVision(?) I have came with special goop.

I use Crest original on glass lenses and it was an easy 60 seconds with my thumb. Used spit ever since 500psi fogged me out on my first ice dive. I was looking out a tiny window on the right. I couldn't clear for fear I couldn't get the hood out of the way with big lobster claw wet gloves. So I  just held my gage to the mask and kicked until it was over. I didn't see anything but instructor fins and my air.

well, weve been out a few times... no more problems... plain old spit was the answer... only after we forgot the seadrops did she try it... worked like a charm ;D
Pages: 1 2