MNScuba.com

Full Version: Wazee(again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fourth trip of the season to beautiful Lake Wazee. Nice day, a little on the windy side at least above water ;D.
Also cool, but that does make gearing up in a drysuit more comfortable. I dove from the site nearest the shallow platform on the west side.
Got 2 very nice dives in, vis seems to be improving. Nice around the platform, then kind of crappy from around 40ft to around 80ft or so, just a guess. Thermocline  at about 30ft. 40 degrees at depth.
Lots of suckers swimming around in shallower water. Would much rather see the smallmouth the the suckers. In the shallower water also saw a nice walleye. But on the strange side(at least to me) I was swimming along at 150ft when I spotted something, a fish? So I swam towards it, sure enough it was. A walleye at 150ft and alive. Never thought I would see a walleye at these depths.
Al
Anybody going to Wazee July 5 ?
Made another run over to Wazee on sunday, 6th trip this season. Bit of a rut I guess. But want to get more dives in before Isle Royale.
Used the entrance on the west side with the blacktop road down to the water. Several other divers there also, but vis. was still very good. I would guess up to 40ft in areas.
Temp at depth was the same old 40 degrees +- a degree. But the thermocline made doing a little deco very comfortable.

Al  >Big Grin