MNScuba.com

Full Version: crosby pits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking to dive in the next week or so in the pits but it has been awhile since my last trip, are the directions  off of irene ave to portsmouth out of Ironton???

the pit I was looking for was the one used by most dive shops for check off dives, it has a plateform just off the approach.

thanks for any dive info or compass corrections
???
You're probably thinking of Mahnomen 2. It has a shallow platform straight out on the road leading into the pit. There is a line that leads from near shore to the platform. The best way to get driving directions is to stop at the Minnesota school of diving and get one of the maps they have available.
I was just there and Mahnomen 2 looks like it was having an algae bloom. I had some nice vis, maybe 20, in Mangan. It's super easy to find. Take the main road in, SilkStone dr. Look for a left turn that opens to a large 'group camp'. It's obvious from the road. Go strait to the water over the berm.

paste this into Google maps. Go west Smile
Silkstone Dr @46.492710, -93.977830