MNScuba.com

Full Version: Goose berry falls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
John - I tossed my old drysuit in the truck a little while ago, but I don't have a set of undies for it.  if Jeff brings some long undies or fleece sweats or something he's welcome to try it out...

Jon
Thanks Jon, I might borrow that Drysuit myself and layer up the sweats.
John, I will bring some extra undies also.
One thing about the entry, the slim is thicker to the left and very slippery (I sat down and slid out on my bum) so the more right you go the better the entry. On exit I came out much farther down the beach and it was easy but the walk back to the parking lot is longer.

It's unlikely I'll make it. Have fun.
I will bring 10 pounds of hamburger, 3 packages of buns, ketchup, mustard, charcoal, and lighter fluid but no grill. They must have a grill somewhere up there.
You guys have a great weekend and good diving 8) We won't be able to make it..........
Where we walk down to the shore, there are pinic benches and grills. I will bring chips and dip. I will pick up ice and some gator aid and diet-dew for me.
Have a great weekend guys!  Don't let the gulls eat your buns...The Hamburger buns! 

What were you thinking??  ;D 

Think of me when you are having fun and I am at work  >Sad  And they put the Cub Scout meeting in the middle of my work shift!  ???  Sad

One of these days I will get up there to dive Superior!  Smile
that was a nice way to kill a Sunday!!!  (wish I hadn't been up so late going over some stuff with my sister so I would have been out while the viz was better!)  sorry guys, I'm too tired tonight to look at the couple of pictures and videos I took...  maybe tomorrow (or Tuesday...  ;D)

Thanks to everyone for coming out to play!  Surf's UP!

Jon
Thanks Grumpie for organizing yet another good day. To bad that you didn't get to dive, I was looking forward to diving with you. It was good meeting the other divers that came up to dive. Everyone pitched in and helped each other. That was greatly appreciated by each of us at different times of the day. The weather was good if you didn't mind the wind and "slight chop". The wind changed from the North to the NE and pushed the brown river water to the South as the day went on. It just proved to me that there are currents in superior (albeit slight). The waves started out big and they grew as the day went on. The giant stride entry went very well but leaving the water in the surf was challenging at best. Trying to time out the big waves was almost impossible but if a person was patient, he could let the waves push you in 6" at a time until it was safe to stand. I was more worried about puncturing the dry suit than getting banged up. Some of us were "rolled" several times. Great experience though, and it will be a long time before I loose the memory of it. I took about 24 photos that turned out somewhat and I will post them in this thread 4 at a time in six different replies (after my 9:00 meeting). These photos are resized to make them small enough to post. One of these days I will need figure out how to add photos in the "album".

Thank you again to all the divers who came up, and to all the families that put up with them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5