MNScuba.com

Full Version: Crosby - Gilligan's Plunge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone tell me for sure that you can get to Gilligan's Plunge by driving between Feigh and Pennington? That is can I drive past the ramp going north and then swing left around the North side of Feigh/Huntington to Gilligan's?

I've been to Gilligan's Plunge twice but only from the far west and I'd like something shorter and maybe smoother.

Thanks
According to the map I'm looking at, it looks like it would be accessible that way. I've never been to that dive site though. If you stop by the Mn school of diving in Brainerd they can tell you for sure. They have nice detailed maps for all of the dive sites.
Hey Buddy, I have my dive maps in the truck, so I can check when I get home. I know I done some diving at Gilligan's Plunge in the past, but it has been a few years.
Sorry - if you swing a left just after the tar ends you will end up going up the hill to the lookout.  If you travel down the road past the lookout road and go left you will be too far North and on the east side of Alstead. 

The only way to Gilligan's Plunge is the road on the West side.  Happy Diving.  Lori
Thank you very much.
Sounds to me like she knows what she's talking about.
we were just there, and you can only get there from the west Smile
The Minivan made it to the site from the west. It was a little slow going and some of the puddles are enormous. We drove under the fallen tree with a inch or 2 of clearance. The "Vantastic" has some new pinstripes and a shinny set of red wall tires so if you like your new ride, let your buddy drive.

The site: Vis was poor I thought. Last time it was much better. Maybe 25 with it getting worse as you go down. At 80 feet it got surprisingly dark. The truck at 115 is in fair shape but I think it's gotten vandalized since my dive on it in 05. I don't remember the windshield being smashed up and a topper window was all busted out. I also think it had stuff in the bed, it's clean now.

We dove Stairway to Hell after Gilligan. Vis was lower then I had hoped, maybe 20 or less. We did manage to find the stairs. It's worth the time to go see. Last time I tried to find them, vis was better then 40 feet maybe 50. We had a little bit of luck finding the stairs, had I went around a clump of trees to the shore side, we'd of missed them.
Really??? The stuff in the bed of the truck was gone? I was just there about a month ago and there was a tennis shoe, a mattress, and other junk back there. I wonder where it could have gone? Seems strange to me.

I still hope you had a good time.
Is that a mattress? I looked in and saw it was smooth but didn't poke at it. I didn't want to raise silt and smudge my buddies view. I thought I remembered handles from shovels and some 5 gal pails and stuff.

My mistake, sorry. So was the windshield and topper window always broken up?

Pages: 1 2