MNScuba.com

Full Version: New user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. I'm originally from NW MN and currently living in the Seattle are. I am hoping to be able to visit my parents south of the Twin Cities next summer and am wondering what the best diving in the Twin Cities area is. I'll be about 1/2 hour south of the MSP airport.

Darcy
Greetings,
I wish I had a good answer for you but we really don't have anything us locals would brand as 'good' in the cities. We have plenty of water but the combination of low visibility and a large boating community label many lakes as poor dive sites. But if you must Lake Calhoun isn't bad. I've dove the north beach in the summer and had a good time. Enter to the east of the beach (left) from the parking lot. The weed line offers fish, past that it's moon scape with the odd shoe, wine bottle and of course sunglasses.

Good luck

Let us know when you're heading this way - maybe we can arrange a Crosby mine pit dive weekend around your schedule.