MNScuba.com

Full Version: Twin Cities Scuba Show this weekend!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What: Twin Cities Shipwreck - Scuba Show
When: February 22, 2003, Opens at 11 AM
Where: Roseville Area High School
Admission: $8.00
Info:

Spend a day exploring shipwrecks, maritime history, and scuba diving. Help support the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society (GLSPS) shipwreck preservation projects. This year's program includes both fresh-water and salt-water presentations.

I'll be at the show and I look forward to seeing everyone!!
I'll be there too. As well as the presentations there will also be a exhibitor area with booths from local dive shops and societies and a raffle with lots of dive toys and other stuff.
This is a also a good opportunity to learn about what GLSPS does and how you can be a part of it. They have many ongoing projects. I look forward to meeting "mnscuba" people.
T

DRE

Same here - you'll be able to find me by the H2 stuff. Hey Todd, get me some of the winning numbers for the raffle will ya...
Man I'm bummed...I really want to go to this but I have to work Saturday. >Sad
Darn...I got Ice Diving Certification this weekend
UNLESS ITS TOO COLD TO STAND OUT IN THE WIND!!!
Oh well , at least I know how to manipulate a dry suit now...

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR....Jean :-\
I wanted to go to this real bad. It's only a couple miles from my house. But I have other obligations this weekend :'(
Last reminder for the show tomorrow!
finaly a scuba show in town and I'm going out of town for the weekend :'(
I had a nice time at the shipwreck and scuba show this Saturday. I would like to thank GPSPS for sponsoring the show and giving mnscuba.com recognition.

I hung out with DanL and Larry during the show. I received great advice from DRE -- good to meet you in person. I also got to meet a couple other people who are on the forum. Here are my short notes from the show:

-- GLSPS seems like a worthy organization to support. Even if you are not an active member, your contributions have a real impact on diving in MN.

-- Got to meet Scott Wemyss and his wife, the new owners of Air Down There Scuba. Real friendly people. I was impressed by the Diving Concepts dry suits they are carrying. Those are well made suits.

-- I talked with Richard from SD&T for a while. They are going to be manufacturing their own aluminum and steel backplates and selling them at a very reasonable price. They will also work with their customers to rig the harness. Richard's cave diving video was definitely one of the highlights of the show.

-- I really really need to get up to Isle Royale.

I have to concur with Jason that Richard from SD&T put on a very nice presentation on cave diving.