MNScuba.com

Full Version: Splash Parties (Open Pool)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We've set the dates for this winter's Splash Parties.  This is an open pool time when you can just jump in and blow bubbles.  We'll have a staff member on hand and tank & weights will be provided.  This year the Splash Party will be only $15.00.  Other gear can be rented if needed for $25.00 max.  A number of MNSCUBA divers joined us last winter and there is a Buffalo Wild Wings right down the road from the pool where we can gather after.  Our pool dates are Jan. 5, 15, 28, Feb. 9, 20, March 6, 19, April 3 & 16.  Please call to pre-register so we know how many to expect - 763-574-1280.  Thanks, Lee
Where is the pool located? Will you need your bucket of soft weights back that I have before the party?  Any underwater shooting competitions?

what would you use for targets?
it would be interesting to see see my accuracy past 20 feet

2009 seems like a long way off for being 2 weeks away
I've got lots of weight (insert your own joke here), but you can bring them in next time you're around.  It would be fun to have a shooting demo for people to try and we could set up various sized hoops in the pool or cut out some fish shaped foam targets? 

What pool?  I will see if I can make one of the sessions.  I can round up some weapons if there is interest
Lee, are you planning to do this again this winter?
Yep, I'm just finishing up the schedule.  For December we'll have Splash Parties on the 17th and 30th.  I'll have the rest of the winter dates figured out later this week.  Thanks for asking.
I'm glad this came up!  I could use the 17th as a weight check night before doing the tank dives on that Sunday!  I may use a new wetsuit that I haven't tried to figure out my weight needs for yet!  been just using the drysuit for all my diving lately... what little of it there has been!  Sad

I'll probably stop by the shop one of these days anyway - need some scuba santa gifts!
We'll probably go on the 17th then.

tullibee - if you are doing it for a weight check for MOA, find out what kind of tanks they will have for you.  IIRC from last year, they use the shorty aluminiums for this so you may need to bring your own or make a special request for a different tank to make sure you are right.

I suspect your weighting will be all messed up anyway.  What temp is the freshwater exhibit at?  Are you going to be able to use the same suit for both?  You'll still need an adjustment when you jump from there into the salt exhibit even if you use the same suit.
I was shocked at how much more weight I took when in Cancun this weekend.. In a 7mm, I take 32 lbs in freshwater.  in a 3mm, I took 36lbs in salt..
Pages: 1 2 3