MNScuba.com

Full Version: Damn Yankee Spearfishing Tour II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
We already have enough to book the boat, I know the original Damn Yankees are chompin at the bit to go again. I think we have at least two additional recruits.  The calendar is pretty much open for the boat.  So if other people are interested in going, we can book 2 trips.  I would be willing to sacrifice the additional time so that my fellow brothers can experience the damn Yankee sensation. The original crew will mostly be on an end of June tour.  Last year we were on Memorial Day weekend and lucked out with the weather.  I would love to go in the wintertime, but the odds of not being blown out in the Gulf of Mexico are at about 20%.  I would recommend early June.  I would like to get some tentative dates together and run them by the captain.

(Legal disclaimer; if you decide to go on this trip, shooter may not be held legally responsible for this life-changing experience.  There is no treatment for this fever, other than more diving and spearfishing.  He can also not be held responsible for your wet suits or dive gear not fitting after gorging yourself on a nonstop seafood buffet.  Many innocent fish,crustaceans,& marine cephalopods  will be hurt, slaughtered, butchered ,and eaten during this tour. Weapons, ammunition, and basic training provided. Guided hunts provided for an additional fee. Recommended for a mature audience only due to violence and gore.  Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.)
Spoke to Art the other day.  He is required at work June 2 thru June 21 that only leaves the last weekend of June (27 & 28) if we are going to accomodate Art. I can't imagine Damn Yankee II without the entertainment value of his sea sickness.  You name the date and I'll be there-I'll quit my job for this trip (the family will just have to get used to eating fish and goverment cheese. LOL Remember as Ben says fishing hurts!
We have a potential problem with our trip.  The future of the Holy Spearit is uncertain.... :'( Ben and his dad Rick are only partial owners.  The major shareholder of the boat wants to sell out.  If they can't come to agreement the boat will go on the auction block in April.

I will see what I can do about a backup plan.....
Any update on the status of the holy spearit?  Will our captain still have a vessel to skipper?

Won't know for sure until after auction. We may have other options to explore...  8)
Updated info: 01-08-2010

we have a new vessel for our skipper to Capt. on our adventure. It is not as large but will be the same type of trip. Three days of diving and spear fishing. Hook and line fishing at night, sleeping on the boat. Unlimited fresh seafood buffet on board. Bring back up to 40 pounds of fillets, and lobster tails. I have not been on the boat yet but will go and check it out prior to booking trips. Will need groups of three. Minimum requirements advanced level diver, and nitrox. Boat will leave out of Steinhatchee, Florida. Flying into either Tallahassee or Jacksonville. Cost for trip between $5-$800. Depending on details yet to be sorted out. Price does not include airfare.

May 31, 2010 -June 7, 2010  Decided to wait until snapper opens. 5 days of diving with 6-8 drops per day! Guaranteed cooler full of fillets.
Hey Shooter.. would you ask your buddies there in florida if they know of any good boats that would take some freedivers out spearfishing on a similar trip as what you got going?
Fred

this one might be it. It looks like we will be doing most of our diving and fishing from 60 to 80 feet. Do you have a free diving buddy? Standard free diving and spearfishing protocol on this type of trip is one down, and one up spotting, In case of SWB. I will check with the captain and the boat to see if they can accommodate a free diving trip. Dates are subject to change as our trip is scheduled at the same time of the 47th annual Hell divers rodeo.    They also changed their tournament dates to accommodate the opening of red snapper.
The last picture is the new location that we will be diving at. I was still pretty green on the 2006 trip, and I still managed to bring back some groceries.  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5