MNScuba.com

Full Version: Gunilda Night & Len Der Ice Breaker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A BIG THANKS to Mike Haynes and Underwater Connection in Menomonee Falls, WI for hosting the video night for the movies "Drowning in Dreams" and the "Reluctant Lady of McGarvey Shoal",  both Gunilda documentaries, plus we had a special bonus CCR Cave videos shot by Lubomir Valuch of Little River and Peacock.

Thanks also to all the people who attended - some had to drive through a heavy dump of snow that was falling south of Milwaukee, and aside from me there was MN license plates in the parking lot - dedicated divers these folks!

On Sunday we had perfect weather for diving Lake Michigan and boarded the Len Der piloted by Captain Jerry Guyer - wow, what an experience!  We cut ice for about an hour in the harbor, slowly pushing and prodding the ice sheet....backing, turning and weaving our way through the solid sheets.  Although not an "ice breaker" the Len Der is a sturdy boat and probably as close as ever I will get to being in an ice breaker.  Thanks Jerry for the awesome time!!!

I will be postponing my February Len Der dive on shipwrecks of Milwaukee, and hosting the next event on Sunday after the Ghost Ships - this date is almost full.  If you would like to see freshwater shipwrecks in 100 foot vis - almost an ice dive - don't hesitate on this date!

See you for the next CCR diver event, or wreck video night.

Deep Thought