MNScuba.com

Full Version: Lake Minnetonka
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone dove Minnetonka yet this spring?  What has the vis been like?  Where on Tonka did you dive?
We would have but did not know where to enter.
I think I'm going to go out the next weekend that it's nice and check out the vis.  I have a 16 foot v-bottom boat ready to dive from.

PM me, if anyone might want to go.  I was thinking of heading to the big island first.
Are you going to be diving this Saturday at Minnetonka?  My dive buddy and I might be interested.
I might, depending on the weather.  They are saying it is suppose to be partly cloudy.  If I were to go out this Saturday, it would have to be late in the afternoon.  I can only fit three at the most in my boat.  My boat is a smaller 16 foot.  It is not a large deep v, like a lund or alumicraft.
FYI, the best area I have found to get into Minnetonka is the park right next to Maynards.  Plenty of stuff to find and it drops 20 to 30' without  a terrible swim.  Bring plenty of quarters for the parking meters.  Meter Maids are there at the very instant the meter expires.  If you plan to go on a weekend, go before noon or you're really asking for trouble with all the boats-Jeff
I plan on landing my boat at Carson's Bay landing.  Depending on the wind direction, and weather conditions, plans of going to the island might change.  I won't know until Friday night, or Saturday.
We dove Mtka a week ago on the sidewheeler south of Gale Island.
It was crap viz - about 3 ft.
Made the wreck an interesting experience - can't see much at one time.
dove around big island today... vis about 4-6 feet, possibly more but it was getting dark when we were there.