MNScuba.com

Full Version: Arco mine pit dive near Crosby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Saturday we dove the Arco mine pit near Crosby. The water was 55 degrees at the surface and 44 degrees at 75' deep. I was amazed to see all the fish. It was like swimming in an aquarium! I did not know why the fish were not swimming away from me until I found a lure that was hanging from a tree about a foot away from a bass and Art wrote on his slate: "NEST". After I saw this note I quit messing with the bass as much. I did drop over the side of a wall about 75' deep and found a sleeping eel pout near a rock. I grabbed it by the tail and held it for a bit while I got the camera ready. With no video light the video of the eel pout turned out very green so I did not include it on the Youtube video. Here are two links to the two Youtube videos I took:

and

Check them out and let me know what you think. Smile
It looks like the vis was better than the rum river @ 20'  ;D. Glad you finally got a chance to dive the pits. Wish I could have made it. Nice video, I have actually had them thump my mask before  >Big Grin
I also spent the weekend diving in "The Pits", 7 dives over the weekend with 2 of those being a night dive, Soweet!
The two videos I shot don't really do justice as to how clear the water is there. Next time I take video I will do a better job editing it prior to putting it on UTUBE. In the past I have been able to turn the contrast up and it really makes the features underwater "pop". I was in a hurry on getting these posted as I was still amp'd up from the dive.