MNScuba.com

Full Version: Got my bell rung today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was putzing along in about three feet of sludge this afternoon looking for balls and something big slammed me in the side of the head hard enough to make my ears ring - in fact, I'm still feeling it.

I sat up and looked around and right next to me floats a huge snapper, apparently more dazed than I was.  I looked at it for a couple minutes, trying to figure out which was the sharp end and it finally stuck it's nose up, about two feet from the top of the shell I was looking at. 

I decided I wasn't going to mess with either end and let it have it's pond back. 

Do I dare ask what course you were diving?  I had my concerns last year when I was feeling what seemed to be a hole nearly 1 foot deep by at least 8-10 inches across.  Hoped I wasn't intruding in a snapper in his or her home!  :o 
Ouch!  Either that or bite your finger off.  I saw a guy on TV today an elephant seal, put a guys head in his mouth!  Suppose to be a sign of hello!