MNScuba.com

Full Version: Square Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to be diving square lake and I heard that there was a rope that led to several underwater attractions. (sunken boats/ canoes, and part of a plane) I was wondering if anyone knows if that rope is still there or the general locations of these or anything else cool there.
If you dive out of Golden Acres you can't miss the ropes. There are way too many in my opinion. Swim out just right of the swimming platform. Drop down and swim out and right, you'll pick up a line. Remember your turns so you and make a map in your head and a compass heading to shore helps you orientate yourself after a few laps.

I found this on an old post.
The map is also posted at the lake on the side of the snackshop / office facing the tables.  Smile
As well as carved/drawn on some tables... :Smile
Might be a little late, but, Northland has a printable file on their web sight.
Did Open Water dives at Square lake this weekend.  Sat at Golden Acres then Sunday we went to the park because there were so many people at Golden Acres.  Water Temp was 72 degrees.  Viz when we got away from all the divers was a good 18 feet.  Particulary with the sun shininng.  We did 3 dives each day so each of our new dives has 6 dives and 1 snorkel dive.
We dove Square Lake Yesterday (Wednesday Oct 8)  14' viz and 54 degree water.
We dove square lake at the county park today doing Open Water dives.  Water temp is still 54 to 55.  Air temp with wind chill was 17.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Viz was really good when you got below the haze layer.  Saw some nice Bass and Notherns.