MNScuba.com

Full Version: Flood Bay Two Harbors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody checked out the Flood Bay area just north of Two Harbors? I thought I'd read somewhere that it's fairly shallow and may have some old mining or logging equipment on the bottom but I can't find the listing I read. I'm going to be staying in Two Harbors in a couple of weeks and thought I might try to sneak in a quick dive and wanted to look at a different area. Anyone been in there????
The guide list 3 tugs in 25 feet as a shore dive to the "old pier" in Agate Bay. I have not identified the location. It's too vague. It has more then one artifact of an "old Pier".  Maybe someone knows how to swim out. 
In Steve Daniels book "Divers Guide to the North Shore" it lists Flood bay as having a rock reef just off the point on the south side of the bay. There are some mining artifacts in Flood Bay but this is just what I read. This info is just coming from my memory as it has been a year since I read the book. We stayed in the Burlington Bay Municipal Campground last year and I was going to dive there or in Flood Bay but I did not. If you get near Tettagouche State Park you really should experience diving at the Cave of the Winds site near the town of Ilgin. The dive is shallow and simple but a very good dive. Coming out of the cave you can swim about 100 yards South and you will cross an old dock crib from the original 3m Company.Here is a link that has some photos of the cave and crib: