MNScuba.com

Full Version: Great book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just finished Fatal Depth by Joe Haberstroh. Great book, all about the deaths on the Andrea Doria in the late 90's. Not a new book but new to me, I've tryed to read everything I could on diving the Doria. Wink

lynnlchan

What else have you read Doug? Any favorites?
Deep Decent by Kevin McMurray, Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson is a fantastic book, The Last Dive by Bernie Chowdhury, Shipwreck Hunter by Gerald Volgenau, and Diving Into Darkness by ???? Shadow divers was my fav with diving into darkness a close second. All relate to tech diving in one way or another. I'm very interested in going deeper.
Titanic's Last Secrets is a good read too and features John and Richie (from Shadow Divers).
I've seen that one but did they actualy dive that or was it done with ROV?

Way to deep Doug, no one will, EVER dive the Titanic, there are more footprints on the moon then the entire earths oceans at 2000', the Titanics at 12,500' I'm way to poor of typist but remind me about this topic next time were out prowling the depths, you and I.
Thats what I thought but I couldt remember. They must have explored it with ROV. ;D
Doug you might like Descent into Darkness, by commander Edward C. Raymer. Its all about Navy Divers  and Dec 7 1941 in Pearl Harbor.
I would HIGHLY recommend "rapture of the deep and other dive stories you probably shouldnt know" : by Michael Zinsley

Its kind of a compilation of a dive masters journeys around the world some of the stories had me laughing out loud so hard i was crying.  Very good and entertaining book.  Just imagine a book about all the odd ducks you met on a dive vacations and wonder what in the......
Grumpi I will look that one up, Lowvis, I've got that one and enjoyed it. Smile
Pages: 1 2