MNScuba.com

Full Version: St. James Pit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm going to have to put my keyboard in the dishwasher to get the drool off it now...I did one dive on Louise right after two classes just got done.  I could see a few feet in front of me!!  Now I want to go back to Minnetonka so I get some good vis!  :Smile

Hey Arc, count me in, I've been pretty good this summer and have some time banked at work and home for short trips.

Jason, great photos!  Thanks for sharing, I'm off to get a new keyboard...
Sooo.....anyone up for St. James/Ore B Gone this coming weekend?  It's gonna be pretty warm up here...
Dove St. James with Scubajunkie and several divers from Duluth today.  Viz was phenomenal as usual.  The surface on our side of the pit was like glass...from 130', I looked up over two layers of wall, and I could see the sphere of the sun plain as day thru the surface.  I absolutely love diving that place.  I also logged my 201th  ;D dive today! 

bluefins

Congrats on breaking 200!!
Three great dives and we beat the rain and storms.  I couldn't believe the vis, especially at 135'.  Looking up the wall and seeing everything was cool.  Hitting the thermocline sure feels good after that.  Slightly cloudy layer around 30-40' but nothing that ruins a dive.  We sent a few golf balls over the edge to a slightly deeper resting place.  Congrats on 200.
Of all who have dove St.James pit,  has anyone dove the Miller pit next to it?   Just wondering what the vis is like in that pit.

Not very good, my log book says 4' but it might have been 5' in places. One dive there a couple years ago, never went back.

Dan

Not very good, my log book says 4' but it might have been 5' in places. One dive there a couple years ago, never went back.

Dan
[/quote]

I agree with DanG. the vis was horrible.  even if the vis was decent, the walk back up the hill would be enough to keep the average diver away.

Dan
[/quote]

I agree with DanG. the vis was horrible.  even if the vis was decent, the walk back up the hill would be enough to keep the average diver away.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info.  I will have to stay away from that one when I am up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4